Entrepreneurial Studies Instructor for TRIO Upward Bound 6 Week Summer Program
Job no: 493734
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Seton Hall’s Upward Bound Program is a unique educational experience that combines State, Federal and Private funding to offer a variety of academic, social and cultural activities, as well as personal and career counseling for first generation, low-income high school students in Newark, East Orange, and Irvington, New Jersey. The goal of the Upward Bound Program is to assist and prepare high school students from disadvantaged backgrounds to aspire for post-secondary education and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute trans-formative educational experiences with students that provide them with the entrepreneurial skills to increase their college, career, and personal success. Ensure student success by fostering the development of essential skills such as resilience and critical thinking, developing project based learning experiences, and building strong relationships with students.
- Teach students to create and pitch business plans
- Construct a platform from which students can launch and/or project entrepreneurial ideas and products into authentic markets
- Exhibit enthusiasm for entrepreneurship while also reinforcing both academic and essential skills
- Design and facilitate effective group work
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of entrepreneurship, including the elements of business proposals, networking, and market analysis
- Experience teaching high school students
- Entrepreneurship or start-up experience is preferred.
- Experience with Federal TRIO Programs
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- A complete application will include: the completed online application, resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) references.
- All applicants chosen for an interview will be required to demonstrate a 10-minute mock lesson through role play.
- Please note, this is a five (6) week summer program: The class is four days per week, Monday-Thursday, five (5)hours per day
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend