Mandarin Chinese Instructor for TRIO Upward Bound 6 Week Summer Program
Job no: 493733
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Seton Hall’s Upward Bound Program is a unique educational experience that combines State, Federal and Private funding to offer a variety of academic, social and cultural activities, as well as personal and career counseling for first generation, low-income high school students in Newark, East Orange, and Irvington, New Jersey. The goal of the Upward Bound Program is to assist and prepare high school students from disadvantaged backgrounds to aspire for post-secondary education and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach Chinese (Mandarin), ensuring that each student is positively encouraged to develop their potential in the subject to the full. Apply the latest instructional methodologies to meet student needs and conduct mandarin proficiency testing in reading, speaking and understanding for skills evaluation.
- Teach Chinese (Mandarin) language and culture to students in a classroom
- Develop and implement Chinese language culture lesson plan and instructional materials
- Employ a variety of instructional strategies that are based on the needs of students to motivate them in learning and helping them to meet the learning goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in foreign language(s)
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing English and Mandarin Chinese
- Teaching Chinese (Mandarin) to High School students
- Knowledge of Chinese culture and literature
- Experience with Federal TRIO Programs
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- A complete application will include: the completed online application, resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) references.
- All applicants chosen for an interview will be required to demonstrate a 10-minute mock lesson through role play.
- Please note, this is a five (5) week summer program: The class is four days per week, Monday-Thursday, five (5) hours per day.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend