Lab Assistant - Repost
Job no: 493724
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Lab assistant for molecular, cellular, and behavioral neurosciences, neuroimmune pharmacology, virology, and immunology. RTPCR array assays, flow cytometry, immuno cytochemistry, rodent behavioral assessment, lab experimental solution and reagent preparation. Order supplies for office and lab. Assist the Director with other duties as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- RTPCR array assays, flow cytometry, immuno cytochemistry, rodent behavioral assessment, BioInformatics tool application, Systematic review and meta analysis on topic related to neuroimmunology/neurovirology of substance abuse, lab experimental solution and reagent preparation.
- Conduct statistical analysis of the data prior to reporting this data to the PI and other lab staffs for their further analysis and interpretation. Analysis includes, but not limits to, T-test, averages and standard deviations. Maintain daily log of activity and lab VIP tasks. These include but not limit to buffer preparation, cell culture medium preparation, perfusion and fixaion solution preparation, GC.MS reagent preparation, PCR reagent prepareation etc.
- Cataloging and categorizing research literature from grant applications using EndNote reference manager for future use.
- Purchasing lab and office supplies. Assist the Director of the INIP with other duties as needed.
- MS in Immunology, Virology, Neuroscience, and Molecular and Cellular Biology.
- 1-3 yrs as a Lab Worker or other related work.
- Critical thinking, Statistic analysis such as T-test, ANOVA, SPSS, and BioInformatics tools including IPA.
- Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Virology, Immunology, Experimental Behavior Neuroscience, Use of Animals for Research.
- Ability to conduct animal behavior assessment
- Ability to collect and compile the experimental data and present the data to the Director of the INIP and other staffs orally or in writing.
- Excel, Power Point, Words, Publication, reference manager and others
- Routine Modern Molecular Biology and Cell Biology Instruments and facility research equipment in order to carry out the behavior assessment and prepare solution and reagents.
- Written communications and the ability to create clear reports of research progress and findings so that the work can be replicated.
- Oral and written communication skills: the ability to report the data being collected on the animal behavioral assessment as well as the ability to act as an excellent team player.
- General Office Environment
- Lab Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend