Director of Major Gifts
Job no: 493719
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Director of Major Gifts is responsible for creating a climate conducive for giving by developing and securing gifts (outright and pledged) of $25,000+ for assigned schools and colleges, special programs and projects, new initiatives and campaigns. This includes identifying suspects to determine their potential as donors through strategic cultivation and well-tried solicitations in the tri-state area and other related regions as assigned. Closing and stewarding gifts for assigned prospects is also critical to the role. The Director of Major Gifts may also serve as DA/Development staff liaison to assigned volunteer groups, providing to them high quality fundraising counsel, guidance and assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit and close major gifts for assigned schools and prospects in the tri-state area.
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit, close and steward major gifts for prospects residing in other regions.
- Providing fundraising counsel and assistance to University councils and groups, as assigned.
- Participate in Major Gift Team, Department, Division, Advancement Team(s), college(s)and University meetings, events and activities, as required/appropriate.
- BA required, 3-5 years experience and demonstrated success cultivating and soliciting major gifts.
- Management experience with not-for-profits, experience with major gift fund-raising, large campaigns, and donor relations highly preferred
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide names and contact information for three professional references
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend