Assistant Dean, Continuing Education & Professional Studies
Job no: 493717
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Assistant Dean assists the Dean with the day-to-day operational management of the Division, including divisional planning, research, policy development, marketing coordination, logistical program implementation and new program development for entrepreneurial revenue center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuing Education Program Management: oversee and coordinate the CE granting process for the Division. Oversee registration processes for outside groups utilizing CEPS registration software, including analyzing, monitoring and management of program enrollments. Follow CEU and other applicable guidelines, review applications and issue certificates. Identify new opportunities to deliver programs for certification credit.
- Research and Marketing: Coordinate marketing functions with marketing consultant and/or University Marketing. Serve as primary divisional liaison for market research, and marketing initiatives for CEPS, including summer programs and general outreach. Develop internal communications and assist with assessing social media strategies. Conduct needs analysis, research existing programs at other institutions, assess internal offerings, and work with dean to design new programs. Research regulatory and other CEPS issues and make recommendations to the dean.
- Supervision and Operations Management: Oversee divisional operations. Supervise the office operation on behalf of the dean. Resolve office operational issues. Supervises the Program Assistant, Program Coordinator/Director/Administrative Director, as well as any temporary or student workers. Manage the admissions/registration system, and implementation of new software system. Track and manage divisional budgets as assigned.
- Project Management: As directed by Dean, work directly with campus partners, program directors and instructors to develop, implement, and follow up on program-related projects. Provide extensive logistical implementation and follow-up and direct office staff assistants as needed.
- Program Development: using own initiative and in collaboration with the dean, develop new non-credit offerings for corporate, institutional and individual clients. For each of the opportunities, an analysis will be conducted to evaluate how/if each can serve additional clients during summer and non-peak campus weeks (including summer). Additional and unique clients may include retired adults, veterans, international students and others. Utilize presentation and persuasive skills to lead and achieve consensus on projects.
- Excellent communication skills are required. Oral (e.g., one-on-one presentations): with CEPS staff; with all University faculty and staff; with outside individuals and groups; with students, parents; alumni.
- Written (e.g., press releases, completing forms): within University; writes documents, memos, brochures, program descriptions to be distributed outside the University. Helps to develop web content and social media.
- Master's Degree is required, with flexibility of field. Those with training or continuing education backgrounds may have additional opportunities to lead programs.
- Significant and relevant work experience may substitute for preferred degree.
- Doctoral degree is preferred.
- We are seeking an individual who has a demonstrated passion for professional development as well as a desire to inspire others.
- The candidate needs to be self-motivated and eager to contribute to the growth of an entrepreneurial enterprise within the University environment.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- CEPS team members will have occasional evening or weekend program responsibilities.
- Please provide a one-page writing sample which conveys how your how your specific skills, talent and passion will be an asset to our Division of Continuing Education and Professional Studies at Seton Hall University.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend