Assistant Director, Admissions & Financial Aid
Job no: 493714
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Serves as the liaison between financial aid and admissions having cross over responsibilities in both areas. This position responds to phone calls and emails from incoming prospective students and families and meets with them regarding financial aid. In addition, assists in training the admission staff on all aspects of financial aid and the financial aid staff on relevant aspects of admissions. This position represents Seton Hall University on and off campus at financial aid Nights at high schools and other financial aid related events such as open houses and guidance counselor events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as liaison between financial aid and admissions. Respond to incoming/prospective student and parent financial aid related calls and emails. Meet with incoming, prospective students/families regarding financial aid questions, process, and status. Update admission staff on all aspects of financial aid and keep financial aid abreast of relevant admission topics. Provide presentations on behalf of Seton Hall University at Financial Aid Nights off campus, and other organized financial aid related events such as Open House, Preview and Guidance Counselor meetings. Assist with creation of content for financial aid literature and presentation. Attend all staff meetings and trainings for both the admission and financial aid offices.
- Cover conflict college fairs or high school visits as assigned. Rotates into COD office and related admission responsibilities including information sessions. Review applications and render decisions for admission as assigned. Special projects as assigned.(Mid-September to Mid May, expectation is that majority of time will be spent in admission building focused on incoming student financial aid counseling and admission office COD responsibilities)
- Rotates into the financial aid service counter as scheduled. Verification as assigned, Special projects as assigned. (Mid- May to Mid-September, expectation is that there will be more emphasis on financial aid tasks such as verification)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in higher education, preferably in the financial aid office providing financial aid counseling to students
- Must have knowledge of financial aid processes and systems, Banner preferable.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong public speaking skills and the ability to present in front of large groups
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be patient and approachable
- Must have strong customer service skills and a commitment to the highest levels of service
- Must have a car and a driver's license
- Must be able to work weekends
- 2 years financial aid experience
Licenses and Certificates:
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend