Visiting Assistant Professor
Job no: 493703
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Visiting Assistant Professor of Post WW II American Literature/Afro-Latinx Specialization
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The English Department at Seton Hall University invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Post-World War II American Literature, with a specialization in Latinx or Afro-Latinx Literature, to begin August 15, 2019.
- The standard teaching load for visiting faculty who are research and service active is 12 credits per semester. Course assignments will be balanced between first-year writing, university core, American Literature I and II, literature electives, and graduate classes. We seek candidates with a commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Candidates must have the Ph.D. in hand by the time of appointment.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Applicants should submit a cover letter and current vita by February 15, 2019.
- Preliminary interviews will take place via Skype. Invited candidates will then be asked to submit a writing sample, teaching philosophy, and three letters of recommendation. Seton Hall University is a Catholic diocesan university and an EO/AA employer.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend