Job no: 493702
Full time/Part time: Full-time
This position is responsible for general administration and coordination of faculty support services. Collaborates with Asst Dean of Administration and Finance to coordinate training and guide faculty support staff. Monitors departmental budget; purchases equipment and supplies. Maintains and updates faculty website for 70 faculty members. Posting of manuscripts and articles on the Social Sciences Research Network and ExpressO. Performs academic and legal research; gathers, reviews and analyzes documents; summarizes information for presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a lead paralegal, this position guides the work of other paralegals in the Faculty Office. The Sr. Paralegal oversees and assists in coordinating the Paralegals’ work flow and processes.
- Coordinate and schedule training. Review and complete records (expense forms and student time sheets). Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills to foster teamwork approach.
- Performs a wide variety of responsible, confidential and complex academic & legal support duties for the faculty department. Serves as liaison between staff/administration and the faculty. Reviews and updates confidential exams and class materials. Access to credit card information for faculty travel arrangements and departmental supply purchases.
- Coordinate the Faculty Colloquia Series with assigned faculty member. Coordinate with assigned faculty member Distinguished Scholars Program Events throughout the academic year.
- Budget and needs analyses: Prepare and submit support staff operating budget and make recommendations for purchases. Prepare expense reports, order and distribute supplies, business cards and letterhead. Track budget and keep accurate records of accounts payables and receivables to operate within the budget limit.
- Submit faculty papers and abstracts to Social Sciences Research Network (SSRN) and Social Science e-Library. Review and approve SSRN journal submissions and correct when necessary. Update and maintain faculty profiles on the faculty web-page.
- A certificate in paralegal studies or a 2-year Associate degree in a related area, along with 1-3 years of legal experience.
- Paralegal studies requirement may be waived with an additional two years of work experience, preferably in a law firm or law related profession.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply from 01/22/2019 to 01/28/2019
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend