Director, Graduate Admissions
Job no: 493701
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Director of Graduate Admissions is responsible for graduate business program marketing, recruiting and admissions, focusing on, but not limited to, the generation and management of M.B.A., Master of Science, joint-degree, and certificate program prospects throughout the admission process and up until the point of enrollment. Working with colleagues in the University's Public Relations and Marketing Department, the Director develops and executes promotion and advertising campaigns for Stillman’s graduate business programs. The Director also oversees all communications with prospective graduate students. The Director is responsible for identifying opportunities to offer Stillman programs through alliances with external corporations/organizations and for managing the resulting relationships. The Director also tracks, analyzes and reports statistics on graduate applications, acceptances and enrollments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting and yielding prospective students for all graduate business programs offered by the Stillman School of Business. This includes developing and executing strategies to proactively engage prospective students as well as effectively communicating with applicants, including the use of relationship management software tools (Slate). The Director is responsible for hosting regular webinars and information sessions as well as meeting informally with interested prospects.
- Developing materials and promotional messages (electronic and hard copy) that communicate the value propositions of Stillman's graduate business programs. The Director works with colleagues in the University's PR & Marketing Department to develop marketing messages and campaigns and to coordinate communications, including website content and social media messages, to prospective students and other external parties. In this role, the Director develops and manages the School's graduate program advertising budget.
- Building and maintaining educational alliances with corporations and other external organizations for the purposes of providing degree, certificate and continuing education programs to their employees. Recruiting at other universities and through career/education fairs. The Director is expected to be proactive in identifying potential partners and effectively presenting possibilities for collaboration. Once programs are established, the Director will serve as the School's primary liaison to the organization.
- Develop and execute high touch recruiting activities, including e-mail and phone campaigns to increase conversion at every stage of the admission funnel. The Director is responsible for evaluating student credentials and making specific admissions decisions with faculty and program director input. One important element of this role is working with the student applicants from the Stillman School's MBA cohort program in China.
- Representing the Stillman School on University committees and task forces related to graduate student issues and in external academic organizations (e.g., GMAC). Keeping abreast of trends in graduate business education, particularly those related to enrollments and program offerings. Preparing and analyzing data on graduate enrollments and graduate student attributes for internal purposes and for submission to external organizations (e.g., Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report).
- Working closely with faculty program directors and alumni ambassadors in support of their work to evaluate candidates and enhance recruitment efforts. Supervising and mentoring the administrative assistant and graduate student assistants who work for the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Master's degree in business or a closely related field.
- Three to five years of work experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including Excel. Ability to become proficient in Slate. 4. Comfort with basic data analysis and the ability to develop and communicate relevant conclusions using data.
- An understanding of the university environment, especially in the area of admissions processes and strategies. Knowledge of graduate business program trends.
- Ability to manage a small staff and to effectively manage a number of concurrent tasks/initiatives. Ability to set and meet goals with little or no supervision.
- Excellent written communications, especially the ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Excellent oral communications skills, especially the ability to deliver engaging and persuasive presentations.
- Direct experience in graduate business admissions.
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend