Job no: 493677
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Department of English at Seton Hall University is seeking an instructor for its First-Year Writing Program, starting Fall 2019. This is a renewable, non-tenure-track Lecturer position. Experience teaching first-year writing and a record of teaching excellence are expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 4 sections of Core English I and/or II and/or Core English I Intensive each semester and tutor for 3 hours each week in the University Writing Center. (Core English I has an enrollment cap of 17-18 students; Core English II has an enrollment cap of 18 students.)
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours on campus or virtual office hours for online courses
- Participate in the assessment of learning outcomes
- Attend department and school/college faculty meetings
- Engage in professional development activities and demonstrate growth as related to teaching and learning
- Perform other duties related to teaching, as assigned
- Provide service to the department and college
- Master’s degree, with a focus in Rhetoric/Composition, TESOL, or L2 studies and experience in teaching first-year and second-language writers.
- Terminal degree, with a focus in Rhetoric/Composition, TESOL, or L2 studies and experience in teaching first-year and second-language writers.
- General Office/Classroom Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend