Term Biology Lab Instructor
Job no: 493676
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The College of Arts and Sciences at Seton Hall University invites applications for a term lab instructor (2019-20) position in the Department of Biological Sciences. The College of Arts & Sciences has a strong commitment to inclusive excellence and culture of diversity. To fulfill this position, we seek a highly motivated and well-trained biological scientist to educate and mentor our students at different levels. The successful candidate will teach lab sessions in biology-related disciplines, conduct lab preparation and maintenance, and ensure lab safety and compliance. The successful candidate will also display dedication to inclusive excellence and culture of diversity in science and higher education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach lab sessions in biology-related disciplines
- Maintain office hours
- Conduct lab preparations and maintenance
- Provide service to the Department and College
- Ensure lab safety and compliance
- A Doctor of Philosophy in biology-related disciplines
- Strong relevant teaching experience in biology-related disciplines
- Ability to work in a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- To apply, please compile a single PDF file containing the cover letter, CV, teaching philosophy, statement of commitment to inclusivity and diversity, and unofficial copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and upload the PDF file through web application. Please also make arrangements to have three letters of reference sent to Ms. Cook at Anjeanette.Cook@shu.edu or mailed to Ms. Anjeanette Cook, Department of Biological Sciences, Seton Hall University, 400 South Orange Avenue, South Orange, NJ 07079.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend