Registered Nurse, Part-time
Job no: 493675
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
The University Nurse provides high quality and cost effective care services to the student population. Health promotion and disease prevention, education and counseling are provided to help students stay healthy, recover from illness and injury, learn healthy lifestyle behaviors and have a healthful and successful experience during their college education. All services are provided in a manner that is consistent with the highest ethical standards, federal and state regulations as well as the Universities philosophies and Catholic mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides primary health care services to the student body including but not limited to: physical assessment, triage assessments, phlebotomy and specimen collection, clia waived testing, wound care, suture/staple removal, nebulizer treatments, peak flow measurements, allergy injections, immunizations, anaphylaxis interventions. Distributes medication according to unit based policies. Follows internal RN protocols and monitors treatment plans given to patient. Collaborates with professional staff on a daily basis. Provides first aid to the University community.
- Participates in psychological assessments and counseling. Identifies those in crisis and makes appropriate referrals. Counsels patients for health promotion activities, disease prevention and travel related needs. Focus on education is on wellness, behavioral modification and risk reduction.
- Monitors, maintains and orders all medical and pharmacy supply inventory. Chief liaison for safe storage and disposal of Bio Hazardous Medical Waste. Oversees laboratory operation.
- Assists with activities related to maintaining AAAHC (Accreditation Association Ambulatory Health Care) certification such as the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program.
- Bachelors degree-Field of study : Nursing
- CPR/AED certification
- Experience working with diverse population; cultural sensitivity; college health or adolescent medicine experience, basic computer skills, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Licenses and Certificates:
- NJ State Registered Nurse License
- Health care environment, extensive standing, walking, occasional lifting
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please note, this is a part-time, 21 hours per week position.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend