Computer Science Instructor for the TRIO Upward Bound Spring Semester
Job no: 493668
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Seton Hall’s Upward Bound Program is a unique educational experience that combines State, Federal and private funding to offer a variety of academic, social and cultural activities, as well as personal and career counseling for first generation, low-income high school students in Newark, East Orange, and Irvington, New Jersey. The goal of the Upward Bound Program is to assist and prepare high school students from disadvantaged backgrounds to aspire for post-secondary education and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using an interdisciplinary approach to teaching and learning, the Computer Science Instructor will use rigorous academic concepts and real world experiences to prepare 21st century learners for careers and higher education in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Teaching a variety of Computer Science and Information Systems courses to high school students
- Develop, plan and organize instruction and instructional delivery in innovative ways which maximize student learning and academic excellence
- Effectively employ teaching and learning strategies, which challenge students' abilities, interests and intellectual curiosity
- Modify instructional methods and strategies to teach students with diverse needs
- Effectively employ available instructional technology for diverse learning styles
- Encourage the development of communication skills and higher critical thinking skills through appropriate classroom presentations, experiential learning and writing assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively communicate subject matter content through several modes of delivery
- Working with a range of students to assist them in reaching goals and learning outcomes
- Monitoring progress and attendance
- Advising students
- Recording grades and submit Student Assessment at the end of the semester
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Information System, Information technology , Bachelors’ Degree with a New Jersey Department of Education Standard Certificate or closely related fields. Requirements include the ability to teach a broad range of Computer Science and/or Computer Information Systems topics.
- The successful candidate should provide evidence of their commitment to or experience promoting and fostering a learning environment that is supportive of students from diverse backgrounds.
- Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience. Preference will also be given to candidates in networking, security, operating systems, web development, and mobile development.
- Experience teaching at the baccalaureate level or higher, including graduate teaching experience is a plus.
- Experience with Federal TRIO Programs
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend