Job no: 493664
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The Legal Support Specialist position is a multi-functional position of Legal Secretary and Paralegal-like for performing secretarial, legal and administrative duties for faculty who teach and are attorneys with varying specialties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist 9+ full-time faculty by utilizing complex computer systems to create and organize documents and web pages for assignments in class and on-line, exams, law review articles, legal manuscripts, contracts, proposals, brochures, newsletters, and other projects. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Publishing to create grading charts, graphs, and other visuals.
- Communicate effectively with legal constituents and community to support faculty. Support on-line instruction utilizing Blackboard, Web Content Management Systems, PowerPoint and other software to facilitate learning.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- A certificate or degree in paralegal studies or a 2-year Associate degree in a related area, along with 1-3 years of legal experience
- Paralegal studies requirement may be waived with an additional two years of work experience, preferably in a law firm or law related profession.
- Paralegal certificate or Associate Degree.
- General Office Environment
Special Instruction to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply from 12/11/2018 to 12/17/2018.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend