Job no: 493661
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The main purpose of this position is to handle all aspects of the law library circulation desk. This position requires extensive knowledge of the law library collection, use of the library’s online catalog, extensive knowledge of the library’s computer system, basic legal research skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases. Furthermore, this position is the point of first contact for law library patrons. As such, this position requires the ability to deal tactfully with library patrons; maintaining effective, harmonious relationships with library patrons; promoting good public relations; and when complaints are received, being able to resolve conflict tactically, which often involves asking patrons to be respectful of their fellow patrons. Specific duties include checking out study room keys, checking out and re-shelving books and serials, CDs, DVDs, audio tapes at the Circulation Desk and on all 3 floors of the library, maintaining patron files on the computerized circulation system, verifying outside attorneys and signing them into the Westlaw Patron Access terminal, maintaining paper and toner in all of the printers in the library, maintaining an orderly and professional environment at the circulation desk, maintaining the orderly arrangement of chairs, tables and carrels on all 3 floors of the library, assisting with library event planning and events, managing individual faculty registration for select databases, working with the Head of Public Services on library holds, working on all troubleshooting, downloading and printing issues, processing all lending ILL requests, replacing updated pocket parts and supplements where needed and other related duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all functions of Circulation/Reserve Desk including checking materials in and out in the Millennium System, Answering patron questions and problems. Enter the new periodicals in the Innovative System.
- Retrieve and shelve Reserve materials, and other library materials when needed. File micro-form materials and loose-leaf books that get updated frequently.
- Responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of patron records on library system such as library card information, overdue books and study room keys. When an item is returned, it is always scanned to record its return. Renewal of library materials.
- Assist patrons in finding library materials and assist them in searching the public catalog and the internet as needed. Fulfilling faculty requests such as finding a book or copies of articles. Delivering materials to local law firms as needed.
- Maintain photocopy, micro-form machines when needed, and assist patrons in their use when needed. Prepare library for closing, including turning off machines, lowering the circulation desk gate.
- Associate's Degree required.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply from 12/12/2018 to 12/18/2018.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend