Jr. Network Engineer
Job no: 493647
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Jr. Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs), Wired Networks and Wireless Networks (WLANs) across the campuses. In addition, the
Jr. Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in Design and deploy enterprise-class wireless networks, including access points, servers, routers, hubs, switches, and other hardware.
- Assist in Design and deploy University LANs, WANs, and WLAN (wireless networks), including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Develop and document procedures for maintaining and troubleshooting WLAN systems and components.
- Maintain operating systems and supporting software or applications associated with WLAN operations.
- University Degree in Computer Science
- Two Years related experience in Infrastructure/Network Environment
- Related job discipline/equivalent experience
- Working technical knowledge of current telecommunications practices, protocols and principles
- Solid understanding of WLAN Switching
- Strong hands-on technical knowledge of network and p/c operating systems
- Experience in WLAN Packet Analysis, signal optimization and POE
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend