Non-tenure track, contract faculty - Religious Studies
Job no: 493641
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Department of Religion is seeking to fill a non-tenure track, contract faculty position, commencing in Fall 2019, in the area of Christian thought, especially Catholicism in relation to Islam, Hinduism, and/or Buddhism. This position is limited to a one-year contract pending funding approval.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly desirable are candidates capable of teaching one or more of the department’s introductory courses: Religions of the World, Contemporary Moral Issues, Introduction to the Bible.
- Additional course assignments to be arranged in consultation with the department chair based on the scheduling needs of the department.
- Teaching responsibilities consist of a 4/4 load.
- Must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent in theology, comparative theology/religions, or biblical studies by the date of hire.
- General Classroom and Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Statement of interest, 1 writing sample, c.v., teaching evaluations, and 2 letters of recommendation should be forwarded to Dr. Ki Joo Choi, department chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Seton Hall Religion Department Faculty Search."
- Review of applications will begin on November 27, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend