Associate Director Student Engagement & Experience
Job no: 493634
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This administrative position will ensure new and current students across the College of Communication and the Arts' undergraduate and graduate programs are provided with opportunities for success during the transition to College and while completing their coursework, with a particular emphasis on graduate students. This individual will be responsible for a range of activities, including graduate student advisement and mentoring, academic event planning and execution, facilitating a variety of College engagement initiatives, student leadership development, and assessment initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a resource for all students across the College's graduate programs by advising, mentoring, and making appropriate referrals to other University offices as needed. Meet with all new and current graduate students at least once per semester to review their academic progress, ensure adherence to curriculum requirements, and to assist with course registration. Assemble and maintain print and online directories of services relevant to graduate students, ranging from University resources to off-campus housing options.
- Organize, facilitate, direct, and lead internal and external events and programs, including, but not limited to:
- Graduate student programming such as: (1) new student orientation; (2) academic symposiums and colloquiums; (3) thesis presentations; (4) alumni events; and (5) the College's annual Graduate Commencement and Hooding ceremony.
- Undergraduate student programming such as: (1) Open Houses; (2) Yield Events; (3) Pirate Preview; (4) Orientation/Pirate Adventure Sessions; and (5) ad-hoc events.
- Prepare and provide the Office of the Dean timelines and status reports for all events, including post-event recaps. Collaborate with supervisor to design and implement assessment initiatives (via Qualtrics, for example) to better understand College events and initiatives. Following primary data collection and synthesis of secondary research (e.g. Open House survey feedback), prepare evaluation reports to guide future data-driven decision making.
- Assist in the development and serve in an administrative capacity in College initiatives, including, but not limited to: (1) College's Graduate Student Association; (2) mission-related trips; and (3) charitable events and drives. Facilitate dialogue among the College faculty regarding curricular connectivity with service learning initiatives in direct relation to the University's Catholic mission and explore relationships with international institutions and identify study abroad opportunities.
- In alignment with the College's mission and strategic plan, collaborate with University Advancement (particularly Corporate and Foundation Relations, Government Relations, and Gift Officers) to assist in paring College faculty with discipline-specific development and funding opportunities. The incumbent should seek to facilitate several submissions from College faculty per year.
- Create materials highlighting graduate-related excellence, scholarship, or service appointments for both faculty and students as well as event publicity related to Graduate Studies initiatives internally and externally in collaboration with appropriate members of the College or University. Facilitate the collection and archival of student capstone projects/theses from the Master's Project/Thesis courses.
- Provide support to the Office of the Dean, including, but not limited to accreditation initiatives. Make timely updates to the Graduate Studies website, particularly the submission of feature and profile stories produced by the four Graduate Studies graduate assistants. Submit relevant reports for inclusions in the College's Annual Report.
- The candidate is required to possess a Master's Degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in higher education administration, advisement, and/or program management is preferred.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please submit cover letter, resume/cv, and contact information for three professional or academic references.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend