Assistant Director SW Region
Job no: 493628
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This position serves as a member of the Office of the regional. The Assistant Director will operate out of a home office, recruits, reviews applications, and works with prospective student in their assigned region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment Activities- Plans, develops, implements, attends and evaluates programs, recruitment activities, special projects. This includes all recruitment travel, fairs, high schools visits, panels, consortiums, yield events, and other recruitment activities.
Builds relationships with high schools in their territory. Independently represents and promotes Seton Hall at national, regional, state, and local recruitment events. Develops and implements outreach programs, events, and activities for recruitment and enrollment of students from targeted communities; enlists and coordinates faculty, students and/or alumni, as appropriate, in various recruitment programs. Cultivates current SHU students and alumni in the region to assist in recruitment efforts.
This position requires extensive travel and work in the evenings and on the weekends.
- Counseling - Counsels and advise student throughout the recruitment process. This entails being the primary point of contact for all prospective students and applicants as well as their parents throughout the recruitment process. This will involve heavy outreach calling campaigns and e-mail campaigns as well as other outreach efforts. It also entails deep knowledge of Seton Hall programs and services as well as financial aid and application process. This work will be done autonomously and independently out of their home office throughout the year. Providing a full range of advisory and liaison services to prospective students and associated community constituencies regarding Seton Hall admissions and related issues.
- File Review – Reads applications for admission as assigned by the Director. This may include evaluating essays, recommendations as well as calculating GPAs. It also involves troubleshoots applications with problems, and oversees and/or coordinates communications with applicants. This will also entail outreach to incomplete applicants and guidance counselors as needed to facilitate file review.
- Responsible for all special project as assigned by the director as well as attending all on campus training and events as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Recruitment experience
- Knowledge of student recruitment at the undergraduate level.
- Skill in planning, implementation and coordination of student, retention and support programs.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information effectively to groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Experience with customer service and student services.
- Analytical, evaluative, and critical thinking skills. Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer appropriate solutions.
- Ability to understand and promote the Catholic Mission.
- Recruitment and travel experience on the West Coast
- Experience with Banner and Slate Software
- Financial Aid Knowledge
Licenses and Certificates:
- Valid Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle for occasional travel
- General Office Environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend