Assistant Registrar for Transfer Articulation
Job no: 493624
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Assistant Registrar for Transfer Articulation provides direct support for the Banner Transfer Articulation module for graduate and undergraduate courses at Seton Hall University. The Transfer Articulation module allows for the creation and maintenance of transfer articulation agreements for a transfer institution. This module allows students admitted and/or currently enrolled at the institution to receive an automated evaluation of courses accepted to a program and in conjunction with the audit, shows how these courses will apply to a program's degree requirements. In this role, the Assistant Registrar is the primary liaison with students regarding their transfer course work. The Assistant Registrar also participates in various other projects within the Office of the Registrar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes transfer articulations for new transfer applicants. This transfer articulation process involves the creation and maintenance of transfer articulation tables for institutions which students previously attended; determining Seton Hall equivalents for courses taken by these transfer students; generating articulation agreements for all transfer applicants; rolling transfer credits to academic history for those applicants who enroll at Seton Hall; and processing any University Core or Department Core waivers required for individual students. Assigns applicable student attributes to student records. Follows up with students to ensure final transcripts are submitted and reviews transcripts to determine those students who have earned an Associate's degree. Participates in multiple Transfer Instant Decision days held throughout the year.
- Builds and maintains the NJ Transfer agreements within Banner for the nineteen New Jersey community colleges . Acts as a liaison between NJ Transfer and Seton Hall University. Processes all incoming transfer course evaluation change forms.
- Posts all transfer credits for currently enrolled Seton Hall students. Maintains the Permission to Study at Another Institution file. Processes registration continuation enrollments for all semester-long Study Abroad Students.
- Assists with graduation related activities. Helps coordinate academic attire distribution. Assists in the preparation of the academic awards ceremony. Handles various responsibilities during the undergraduate commencement ceremony as well as pre and post ceremony.
- Assists with various projects, i.e. coding of various student cohorts, purging of student record documents; and coding of equivalent courses in Catalog module.
- Assists students in resolving problems regarding registration, transfer credits and other issues. Responds to requests for information and assistance from academic departments and the Office of Admissions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to three years of administrative experience in a higher education academic setting, preferably in the Office of the Registrar.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write clearly and accurately.
- Demonstrated commitment to highest standards of student service.
- Strong technical skills, including mastery of Office suite components.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to prioritize, and to focus on detail within an often busy environment.
- Availability to work extended hours to meet deadlines during peak periods, including in the evenings as needed and on weekends for special events.
- Knowledge of Banner Student INB and Banner Self-Service.
- Knowledge of FERPA and its application to registrarial operations.
- General office environment
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend