Assistant Director, Leadership Development
Job no: 493608
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Assistant Director is responsible for the overall leadership and direction as well as the support and guidance for the all student clubs and organizations as well as the Multicultural Advisory Committee and Commuter Council. This position provides year round training and professional development opportunities for the Executive Board members and faculty/admin advisors. Additionally, the Assistant Director gives support to the Office of Leadership Development for campus wide programming efforts. The Assistant Director reports to the Assistant Dean of Student for Leadership Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the strategic plan and structure to support the 120+ student clubs and organizations, with particular attention to leadership development for the University. This includes facilitating the approval process for all clubs and organization programs and activities, including communication with related departments across campus. Additionally, the Assistant Director will recruit, train and maintain communication with faculty/staff advisors.
- Oversee all diversity and inclusion initiatives for the Department of Student Life. This includes maintaining the Multicultural Events Calendar, facilitating cultural competence workshops with student leaders, creating and managing diversity related leadership initiatives, and participating in campus wide diversity initiatives.
- Advise the Commuter Council to create a full calendar of programs and a robust programming calendar. This includes ensuring relationships between the CC and all related University-wide committees (Commencement, etc).
- Serve as the advisor to the Multicultural Advisory Committee [MAC] supporting the leadership, general body and all programming efforts.
- Develop, plan and assist with major events such as the Student Involvement Fair, Annual Leadership Awards Ceremony, and the Leadership Conference.
- Masters Degree
- 1-3 years related experience
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Contact information for 3 professional references.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend