MCAT Prep Tutor PreMed/Dent
Job no: 493598
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
To provide part-time MCAT Instruction during the evening for two to three evenings a week, for a total of six hours per week during the fall 2018 and spring 2019 academic year, and demonstrate subject matter expertise on all sections of the MCAT exam.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide students with MCAT instruction using MCAT prep material and tutor students, on-site, one-on-one as needed.
Answer questions and communicate with students with regard to MCAT prep material outside of class as needed.
- Provide members of the PMPDPP staff with appropriate feedback on the progress of participating students.
- One to one peer tutoring and counseling. Serves as a resource person to help other students academically.
- Personal MCAT score (either on the official test or a Kaplan practice test) at or above 33 on the old MCAT; 90th percentile composite MCAT score on the official exam or Kaplan practice test or 513 on the 2015 MCAT.
- Previous MCAT teaching, tutoring, coaching or other leadership experienced preferred but not required.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science discipline.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Applicants must possess an understanding of and willingness to support the Seton Hall University Catholic mission, as well as work effectively with a racially, culturally and ethnically diverse student population and staff.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend