Director, Clinical Simulation - College of Nursing
Job no: 493579
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: Interprofessional Health Sciences
This full-time position within the Seton Hall University College of Nursing (CON) reports to the Dean of the College of Nursing and the Administrative Director for the Clinical Simulation and Education Center at the University’s Interprofessional Health Sciences Campus. This position works in collaboration with simulation personnel from the School of Health and Medical Sciences and the School of Medicine, this independent, highly-organized, and assertive individual will provide effective simulation leadership and educational support by developing, implementing, and managing the activities, procedures, and academic programs of the simulation center. The responsibilities of this position will include working with CON faculty on simulation education, programs, training, certification, research, and publications. In addition to the academic and technical expertise in simulation, the individual should have skills related to budgets, planning, space allocation and utilization, scheduling, fiscal and administrative compliance, research, curriculum, and equipment acquisition and maintenance. This individual will also play a lead role in the recruitment and training of technical personnel and standardized patients needed for simulation center operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management, strategic planning and budgeting. Work with the Dean of College of Nursing, the Administrative Director for the Clinical Simulation and Education Center and other administrators in the following areas; Strategic and financial planning and budget development, financial management and accountability (forecasting/compliance/control), and implementation of programs to support all aspects of the simulation program and initiatives; Develop a business plan for billing interested external programs seeking simulation and skills training; Analyze budget performance reports to track internal progress and forecast simulation expenses; Perform a wide range of executive and high level administrative duties of broad scope and complexity as they relate to the CON’s Simulation and Standardized Patient (SP) programs and initiatives.
- Simulation curriculum development. Work in collaboration with CON faculty to create and refine simulation scenarios involving standardized patients and high and low fidelity simulation equipment; Review and finalize simulation support materials, as well as case-specific checklists/rating scales; Recruit and orient individuals to the Simulation and SP programs using training protocols and materials specific to individual program objectives; Train and manage Faculty and SPs, maintain quality and fidelity of simulations and manage administrative responsibilities related to running simulation programs; Oversee simulations and SP performances and provide formal and informal feedback to individual SPs and faculty. Work with CON faculty to plan and schedule Simulations and teaching and/or assessment ; Guide CON students through the simulation process.
- Oversight of day-to-day operations and staff supervision. Strategically plan and facilitate simulation, utilization, growth and effectiveness in collaboration with health sciences, nursing and medicine faculty related to student success; Collaborate with simulation personnel from the College of Nursing, School of Health and Medical Sciences and School of Medicine to oversee the day to day operations of the simulation center and provide oversight for technicians, standardized patients, faculty and students using the simulation center and/or equipment; Identify issues, latest research, and advise the Managing Director for the Clinical Simulation and Education Center on simulation matters; Manage simulation staffing schedule for the CON; Effectively represent the Administrative Director for the Clinical Simulation and Practice Center at internal and external meetings; Serve as facilitator and be capable of working with diverse groups of people to build consensus and proactively solve problems.
- Laboratory management. Provide ongoing assessments and oversight of current and future needs for maintenance, replacement and purchase of laboratory equipment and supplies for all laboratory learning activities; Provide overall assist in ensuring HIPPA and FERPA rules are followed; Establish & maintain use of policies and safety guidelines; Direct management of supplies, equipment (fixed and mobile) maintenance, equipment management and purchasing for nursing simulations; Oversee adherence to regulatory agencies, and accrediting bodies; Oversee lab scheduling and lab utilizations for CON programs, and monitor for trends and optimal usage; synthesize simulation lab usage data.
- Teaching and research supports. Manage the development and direct the implementation of simulation goals, objectives, policies and procedures, priorities and work standards for each assigned service and simulation area; Assist with accreditation of the program as it relates to skills and simulation; Seek external funding sources such as grants and community partnerships for nursing and multi-discipline simulations.
- Inventory management. Maintain supplies and equipment for optimal operation; Maintain up to date inventory; Identify and communicate the need for additional and/or replacement equipment/supplies; Direct management of supplies, equipment (fixed and mobile) maintenance, equipment management and purchasing for CON simulations; Directly interface with simulation technicians.
- Master of Science in Nursing, Simulation experience preferred.
Licenses and Certificates:
- General office environment
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend