Staff Psychologist/Mental Health Clinician
Job no: 493505
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Staff Psychologist/Mental Health Clinician works as a member of a collaborative team providing both group and time-limited individual counseling to students as well as outreach and prevention services to the university community. The position involves frequent consultation with others regarding the well-being of students as well as crisis intervention services during and outside of regular business hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individual and Group Counseling/Therapy
- Consultation with staff, faculty and students
- Crisis Intervention
- Outreach and Prevention Programming
- Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology or closely allied field with 1-3 years of clinical experience OR a master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling with 6-8 years of clinical experience;
- Demonstrated competence in group counseling as well as time-limited individual psychotherapy with diverse populations;
- Experience in college/university counseling;
- Demonstrated competence in outreach and prevention program planning and implementation;
- Understanding of and willingness to support the Seton Hall University Catholic Mission;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Specific areas of expertise and experience relevant to a diverse college student population (e.g., multicultural issues, first generation college students);
- Experience as a clinical supervisor
Licenses and Certificates:
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- List of three professional references, two of which must be from former clinical supervisors. Please include current phone numbers.
- Previous applicants do need need to re-apply.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend