Job no: 493503
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: Interprofessional Health Sciences
Under the direction of the Simulation Center Director, the Simulation Technician will provide technical support for all simulation operations, including preparation, maintenance and repair of computerized manikins (software and hardware), task trainers and related multimedia peripherals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as simulator operator by programming, testing and running scenarios with faculty instructors, assuring that the facility and equipment are set up for teaching sessions. Acquire and install digital audiovisual hardware and software systems to record simulated sessions with subsequent editing and transfer into an archival format for analysis. Install software and hardware upgrades and maintain functionality of manikin components as directed by manufacturer support.
- Provide technical support for computer based multimedia systems and their components, including operation of digital cameras, video cameras, audio/video mixer, digital/analog converter, monitors and other equipment. Support the use of digital media and web stream creation for educational and professional distribution, distribute content and back up data, and provide advanced troubleshooting. Interface with the equipment manufacturers regarding equipment troubleshooting and systems problems; maintain record of repairs.
- Participate in technical training as necessary. Conduct routine equipment maintenance, inventory updates and equipment purchases.
- Responsible for simulator program marketing and information management, including brochure and website development and maintenance. Create innovative ideas, evaluate new equipment, and identify opportunities for technology improvement and integration into healthcare education. Train faculty and other Simulation Center staff in the operational aspects of simulation. Communicate in a positive, professional manner with faculty instructors, students and other users of the Simulation Center. Serve as a liaison between IT, TLTC and electronic education support. Assist with other projects or initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working in an academic, healthcare or simulation related learning environment.
- Working knowledge of and proficiency in computers, application software, operating systems and information technology (IT) equipment.
- General office environment
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend