Job no: 493489
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Associate Registrar for the Medical School coordinates registrarial functions and support for students in the School of Medicine. Although the Assistant Registrar is based in South Orange, the nature of responsibilities requires regular presence at the medical school campus in Clifton/Nutley to provide in person records services to students. Responsibilities include the coding of academic record updates and maintaining online records services to medical students as well as services for nursing and SHMS student and registrarial support duties on the main campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the delivery of records and registration services to medical students and support registrarial operations on the main campus. This includes, but is not limited to, registration, grading and student status and program coding to assure that the Clearinghouse file correctly reflects medical student status. Additionally, the Associate Registrar will update the Clearinghouse error file and manually enter any status updates for medical students.
- Maintain Banner tables and functions to support the medical school and the IHS campus, including
a. Maintain the college catalog in Banner for the School of Medicine including maintenance of the subject/department/instructional method validation tables;
b. Build and maintain semester course offerings for medical school, including building requisite Part-of-Term structures;
c. Monitor and update website for registrarial operations at the medical school campus;
- Coordinate with medical school personnel to confirm degree eligibility and the award of the MD degree; communicate with medical school personnel and with medical students regarding academic issues.
- Manage and maintain the database for the coding of GME resident information.
- Support the clerkship lottery process, coordinating with School of Medicine and hospital personnel; technical knowledge of both Banner and auxiliary software required for this responsibility.
- Deliver and assure stellar customer service to all students on the IHS campus with regard to telephone and email responses and counter service, and on the main campus as assigned.
- One to three years of administrative experience in a Registrar's Office, preferably in a medical school setting.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write coherently with good grammar and rhetoric and to speak clearly and precisely about often complex issues.
- Excellent technical skills, including mastery of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of student service.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to prioritize and maintain focus and accuracy within a busy environment.
- Availability to work extended hours and to work in different campus locations as needed as the academic cycle requires.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Preference for candidates with knowledge and experience in Banner Student software, especially in registrar operations in a medical school setting.
- Knowledge of FERPA and its implications for registrarial operations.
- Knowledge of the Clearinghouse operations and responsibilities.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend