Job no: 493448
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Admissions Officer will be responsible for all front-line customer services including communication related to the Admissions process of Seton Hall University. The Admissions Officer will be responsible for receiving and delivering all electronic, voice and in-person related information pertaining to the inquiry application and enrollment processes of the Office of Admissions. The Admissions Officer will be responsible for assessing the customer service provided by the Office of Admissions and suggesting ways to enhance the services provided. Additionally, this position will be responsible for meeting with and speaking to students and families, specifically in terms of the application process, decision process, and financial aid process. The Admissions Officer will make decisions on the applications of students when necessary and will be well-versed in the enrollment process to better assist prospective students in their application/financial aid review.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for providing daily information sessions to campus visitors prior to taking a tour as well as conducting interviews of prospective students. They may also be responsible for providing tours. The Admissions Officer will need to be customer service oriented with a strong desire to work with others. This is a 10-month (August to May) position. The Admissions Officer should also be available to work some weekend and evening events throughout a recruitment cycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and respond to questions throughout various forms of communication including telephone, email and social needs in a timely fashion. Provide prospective students application status information, general Seton Hall information, application process information, program specific information. Maintain a tour database and work to secure a showroom in the residence halls to show visitors on tours. Meet with prospective students, families and other visitors who arrive in the Admissions Office on a daily basis. Provide answers to questions, solve issues, direct visitors to appropriate departments when necessary. Conduct interviews to a range of student populations including prospective freshmen, transfer and waitlisted students. Assess the student's interview and provide feedback that will aid in the selection process for potential admission to the University. Advise students on the application process and assess an applicant's portfolio. Assist students and families with their financial aid package and suggest other outlets for financing a student's education.
- Present daily information sessions to a range of visitors (accepted students, prospective students, transfer students, guidance counselors, parents, etc.) and provide campus tours when needed. Compile reports and data as it pertains to visit programs and customer contact as well as assist with customer service needs and procedures. Assess the customer service efforts of the Undergraduate Admissions Office and implement new procedures for an enhanced and revised procedure in assisting campus visitors.
- Assist with application review and make decisions on incoming freshman and transfer applications, when needed. Support the background admissions operations such as processing applications, compiling data entry, mailings, etc.
- Assist with arranging classroom visits, event planning, scheduling, programming and any other logistical needs to support the admissions operation.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service and/or student service required
- A directly related higher degree may substitute for experience.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- General office environment
- Vision/hearing- Often; heavy lifting, carrying, etc. - sometimes; extensive standing, walking etc. - sometimes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend