Assistant Athletics Director/Facilities & Operations
Job no: 493436
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Richie Regan Recreation and Athletic Center. Additionally, this position oversees the coordination of event and game management and facility scheduling for all athletic home contests, university special events, and external special events. This position also oversees the day-to-day contact with physical plant, housekeeping and outside vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee athletic facility operations and events:
• Provide daily supervision and oversight for the operations of the athletics center including the establishment and implementation of operating procedures and policies
• Coordinate operations (including game management) of all facility events including staffing of events (i.e. game management, stats, ticket sales, security, etc.).
• Secure opening and closing of buildings according to schedule; as well as security of buildings at all times. Manage schedule and space utilization (set-up, clean-up, IT support, AV support).
• Coordinate facility use with Athletics, academic departments, intramurals, club sports, recreational and wellness operations, student organizations, other institutional departments, and external organizations
• Receive and approve requests for athletics facilities and usage.
• Create, monitor and communicate the facility schedule with all necessary parties.
• Direct operations, maintenance of facilities and grounds, and utilization of all athletics controlled facilities in conjunction with campus services.
Develop and monitor facility policies and procedures.
• Communicate orally and in writing facility policies and procedures with all individuals utilizing and working in the Richie Regan Recreation & Athletic Center and Athletic outdoor facilities
• Review policies and procedures annually for any changes or additions
• Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate the athletics center facility staff including student-workers
• Develop and implement an extensive student employee training program (ensure safety and develop/distribute monthly employee work schedules.
• Actively research and remain current with trends in the facilities management fields.
Manage 3rd party special events.
• Make all necessary arrangements for scheduled and approved internal and external programming, (i.e., athletic tournaments, concerts, career days, speakers, etc.).
• Assist with events as needed and serve as onsite manager coordinating staffing, concessions, security, etc.
• Work directly with University Special Events Coordinator to execute contracts.
• Oversee facility and equipment services including the coordination, set up and breakdown, delivery of equipment from the university physical plant, and coordination with housekeeping services.
- Bachelor's Degree; 1-3 years experience in facility management
Licenses and Certificates:
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- General office environment
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend