Director of Student Life
Job no: 493414
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Director of Student Life is the primary Student Services representative for students at the Interprofessional Health Sciences (IHS) Campus in Nutley/Clifton. The Director serves as the Deputy Title IX Coordinator for the IHS campus. The Director provides a wide range of direct service, resource, support and information related to crisis intervention, conflict resolution, student service, Clery and Title IX compliance, and key administrative functions. The Director works closely with the Assistant Director of Disability Support Services and Staff Psychologist on site at the IHS campus, providing supportive and collaborative oversight. The Director is also the key liaison to the Student Services areas at the South Orange campus for the IHS students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a wide range of services, support, and information to students at the IHS campus and serve as the key liaison to the Student Services areas at the South Orange campus. The Director must know in detail and be able to accurately convey a wide range of University policies, protocols, and general information.
- Serve as the Deputy Title IX Coordinator for the IHS campus, to include but not limited to 1) educate students, faculty and employees about policies and resources, 2) receive reports from &/or about violations of sexual misconduct to/by any student on the campus, 3) provide interim accommodations to any complainant or respondent, 4) investigate any complaint in accordance with University policy and protocol.
- Provide immediate and ongoing administrative support to students in crisis, including but not limited to coordinating with campus services, individual professors, academic supports, application of University policies, etc.
- Serve as Student Conduct Officer for Nursing and SHMS students at IHS campus in accordance with Student Code of Conduct.
- Provide supportive and collaborative oversight to Assistant Director of Disability Support Services and Staff Psychologist at IHS campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters Degree in Higher Education or similar field
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend