Associate Director, Content & Creative Development
Job no: 493407
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Associate Director is responsible for helping to coordinate the University’s branding and creative needs from design to delivery, ensuring consistency of design, messaging and adherence to established University graphic and style standards. Responsibilities include overseeing work of graphic designers and managing day-to-day operations of the content and creative development office, which includes logistics and schedules of University marketing materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Managing operations for the content and creative development department, which produces more than 500 publications per year.
- Managing/coordinating the University’s creative development and branding needs from concept/design through to delivery.
- Overseeing work of two University graphic designers, and one freelance designer.
- Identifying cost savings through effective bidding of vendors and selection of paper/print method.
- Representing the department in various meetings and committees as appropriate.
- Communicating with vendors on status of jobs, including effectively bidding out jobs as well as performing QC of proofs and final products.
- Collaborating with web team on the need for web components, created in conjunction with print materials.
2) Working with campus partners (including marketing account managers) to plan and effectively manage the efficient flow of projects related to marketing materials.
- Managing the logistics and schedules of University marketing materials by ensuring all projects stay on schedule with daily/weekly checks with both designer and account manager or campus partners.
- Serving as a final review on all University publications produced through the Department of Public Relations and Marketing, and ensuring the consistency of the University’s message, University style and graphics standards.
- Collaborating with marketing/media/event/web teams to ensure consistent message and look for select materials; arrange for the move of appropriate materials to electronic mediums
3) Developing creative content for specific strategic projects
- Collaborating with the director and the art director to maintain the University’s visual identity system, including logos/brand architecture, brand guidelines and serving as brand monitor.
- Serving as principal designer for occasional University marketing projects.
- BA required, in communications with design.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years experience. Experience and extensive knowledge of the publications process.
- Masters degree in communications preferred.
- Experience in management of a team of creative individuals.
- Position requires excellence in time management, communication, decision making, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills while managing several complex projects at once to meet strict production timelines.
- Understanding of the importance of graphic identity and graphic standards is essential.
- General office environment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide name and phone contact information for three professional references.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend