Job no: 493402
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Seton Hall University seeks a creative and forward-thinking, team-based Instructional Designer to join its Teaching, Learning and Technology Center. The Instructional Designer will assist faculty with the integration of technology into the curriculum based on learning theory and best practices. Primary responsibilities include support of digital humanities initiatives, development of online/hybrid courses, review of online/hybrid courses using a quality assurance rubric, and the support of various other instructional technology projects to achieve course/program goals. This position will also design and facilitate professional development opportunities as well as individually assist faculty as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with faculty and other Subject Matter Experts to design, develop and deploy web-mediated instruction including self-paced, online, and hybrid models. Strategies include supporting faculty by analyzing characteristics of student learning and learning environments; developing measurable learning objectives and the alignment of content, activities and assessments; suggesting instructional strategies and technologies and advising faculty in utilizing SHU resources in classes.
- Assist faculty with the integration of technology into teaching and learning by designing and facilitating professional development workshops for the University community as well as conduct one-one sessions as requested. Emphasis will be placed on creating online professional development opportunities including webinars, self-paced courses and micro-learning solutions.
- Partner with faculty and other stakeholders in utilizing technology to support emergent initiatives such as Digital Humanities, “Maker” activities, and other innovative technology projects. Research and test new technologies to support teaching and learning to solve specific problems in a variety of scenarios.
- Conduct quality assurance and evaluation of projects and other related initiatives. This includes reviewing online courses using the Quality Matters rubric to ensure that online offerings met QM standards and assessing instructional design efforts and revising them based on desired outcomes.
- Work in project teams to develop electronic instructional materials including simulations, digital stories, and various other multimedia projects. Be able to leverage specific technology (ie. Storyline for branching scenarios, Qualtrics for assessments) or instructional methods to obtain the desired learning outcome within the project scope and timeline.
- Minimum1-3 years of Instructional Design experience
- Experience developing blended, hybrid or online courses
- Experience in supporting faculty in the use of instructional technologies
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field
- Expertise with MS Windows OS and a variety of software including MS Office Suite
- Experience using Blackboard
- Experience with Articulate Storyline
- Quality Matters Certification
- Evidence of successful teaching, preferably in higher education
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend