2018 Graduate Assistantship
Job no: 493283
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Graduate Assistant
Assist in processing documents and general advise of F1 and J1 visa holders, their spouses and dependents
- Involves using several software programs such as Banner and ISSM
- Learn F1 and J1 visa regulations
- Assist study abroad students identify suitable study abroad programs and navigate them through the application process.
- Attend and help coordinate several events throughout the year such as, events during international month, etc.
- Attend and represent OIP at meetings, workshops, Open Houses and Pirate Previews
- Responsible for administrative and secretarial duties including: answering emails, ordering supplies, editing forms, answering phones, making appointments, greeting students, updating our website, social media and newsletter, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs especially: (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and any other software programs used by the office
- Must be well-organized, a self-starter, patient with non-native English speakers and well-adapted to a high-volume and fast-paced environment
- Responsible for handling confidential information in a professional manner
- Knowledge of F1, J1, and study abroad processes a plus, but not required
- Training will be provided
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend