Job no: 493276
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Reporting to Director of Student Information Systems, the IT Specialist assists with the development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of information technology systems within a number of functional areas (e.g., Admissions, Registration, Bursar, Financial Aid). In particular, he/she supports the implementation, operation, and maintenance of the University's application software. This person will work closely with functional users to learn their processes and support them with their technical needs. This person will create reports using SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, Cognos and other reporting tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Typical duties include configuration of systems, automation of processes, training and documentation, quality assurance, data conversion, creation of reports, resolution of system errors and collaboration with colleagues in other departments. Creation and deployment of reports to support university operations, to ensure that the university is compliant with applicable regulations and in accordance with university policies. The IT Specialist demonstrates skills in problem-solving, technical support, systems operations and trouble-shooting.
- The person will work closely with functional users in Registrar, Bursar, Admissions and Financial Aid Office to understand the technical and reporting needs. Person should be willing to learn new systems and be a resource for functional users to resolve systems issues. Work with Ellucian support, University IT Services, colleagues and functional users to resolve issues.
- The IT Specialist will drive tactical efforts that involve a substantial number of tasks and demanding timelines. He/she will help ensure the timely and successful completion of initiatives that entail extraordinary breadth and depth. It is important for the IT Specialist to be a seasoned professional with a track record of success with respect to supportive information technology. The University views the IT Specialist as the key individual in the implementation and ongoing success of mission-critical information technology systems.
- The IT Specialist will ensure that the information technology systems enable a high-level of service to the University community. He/she will address that the University's systems are reliable, secure, and robust. Person will ensure quality assurance of systems, resolution of system issues, ensure software is at the latest release and patch level and perform systems testing prior to production rollout.
- The ability to learn and understand the practices and culture of Seton Hall University and the Enrollment Services Unit are important to the successful implementation and use of student information software. Equally important is the ability to implement best practices in student services software utilization, especially when they are not currently part of the practices and culture of the institution.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree and at least three years of significant experience in higher education. The position requires a commitment to diversity and an ability to enhance the University's Catholic mission.
- The person should have at least three years hands-on experience using Banner and ancilliary systems. Knowledge of FormFusion, Banner Document Management System and Workflow. The person should have expertise in Oracle, COGNOS, ODS, EDW, SQL Developer, SQL, PL/SQL, office automation tools, and web-based applications.
- Five years experience in Banner Student, Financial Aid, and Accounts Receivable.
- Expert level knowledge of COGNOS, EDW, ODS, SQL, PL/SQL.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend