Student Development Specialist
Job no: 493275
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Student Development Specialist serves as the primary point of contact for his/her assigned students in the Educational Opportunity Program. The SDS works with EOP students during his/her entire undergraduate academic career to maximize student potential and achieve success in all phases of collegiate life. The SDS provides academic advisement, personal, career, and financial aid counseling, and advocacy for EOF students on Seton Hall University's campus. Additionally, the SDS assists with University and departmental retention and student completion initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include academic, personal, career and financial aid advisement; the overall monitoring of assigned students; serving as a liaison between University schools and the EOP, assisting EOP students in all phases of collegiate life: designing programs to meet students needs and maximize student potential for attaining and maintaining academic success.
- Master's degree in Counseling, Higher Ed, Social Science, or related field. Knowledge and/or experience with EOF programs, academic advisement, and college student retention and completion initiatives.
- Student club/organization advisement, college teaching, program management, residential counseling experience. Demonstrated ability to conduct workshops and/or presentations.
- Knowledge of college financial aid.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend