PC Support Specialist
Job no: 493272
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The PC Support Specialist provides expert support to the University user community. This support includes repairs and replacement of faulty computer equipment and peripherals, upgrading computers, supporting of University standard software on desktop and laptop computers: such as wi-fi for network connectivity and printing on campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- PC Support Specialist are responsible for troubleshooting computer related issues, providing great listening skills, and patience in working with university users.
- Repairing laptop and desktop computers, ordering computer parts, hardware installs, support computer technology for university events, and documentation
- Mentoring, training on Tech Support processes and procedures and great customer service
Works extended hours when needed (late evening, Saturday, Sunday, or holidays).
Moving /Installing computer equipment around the university (including off campus sites).
- Associate’s Degree required; a certificate from a technical institute may substitute for the degree.
- A+ certification required, great troubleshooting and customer service skills, good communication skills.
- Microsoft MCSA, MCSE, Lenovo certification, Network +, familiarity with Service Now
Licenses and Certificates:
- A+ certification Required
Staff nonunion - SN140
- General office environemnt
- Lifting, squatting, bending, carrying, standing, stooping, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend