Job no: 493265
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The AV Coordinator is responsible for the preventative maintenance, repair and coordination of audio visual equipment used in support of classes, meetings and special events held on the Seton Hall-Nutley Campus. The AV Coordinator works with and provides training to Faculty and other members of the university community on identifying the proper equipment needed in the classroom as well troubleshoot/resolving issues over the phone and in person.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance/Repairs: Perform preventative maintenance and/or repairs to audio visual equipment that is installed in classrooms and conference rooms
- Coordinate equipment inventory and delivery setup: Maintain audio visual equipment inventory and track equipment delivered throughout campus. Coordinate activities of and supervise media service student technology assistants (STAs). Deliver and recover AV equipment around campus as necessary.
- Troubleshooting: Provide assistance over the phone or in person to all users of audio visual technology on issues they may be facing in the classroom or in the course of a meeting/conference. Use the Service Desk database (Service NOW) to address trouble calls.
- Training/Service: Provide continuous and ongoing training to Student Technology Assistants (STAs), Faculty as well as all users of the technology installed in all academic spaces. Assist in and operate AV equipment in support of events.
- Clerical: Perform clerical duties, including but not limited to: answering the telephone, taking reservations and keeping schedules. Assist Media Services clients with requests for services., updating Service NOW tickets.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years experience in the Audio visual field and in an educational setting.
- Extensive working knowledge of projection systems, sound, video, audio and recording in academic and event spaces.
- Experience using Crestron Control, Extron Control systems.
- Extensive working knowledge of audio visual technologies with good mechanical ability
- CTS Certification or Vocational/technical Education
- Climbing ladders to get to equipment and work above ceilings, crawling on the floor and under desks to make necessary repairs, dust and debris.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Work Schedule: Saturday-Wednesday 8 am to 4 pm
- Some overtime required - mission critical events
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend