Secretary for the College of Arts & Sciences
Job no: 493255
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This person reports to the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies in the College of Arts and Sciences. Assists in graduate and undergraduate open houses, orientations, recruitment events, new student orientation and the hooding ceremony. Responsible for maintaining the Associate Dean's calendar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This person supports undergraduate and graduate related activities in the Dean's Office of the College of Arts and Sciences. The duties include assisting with recruitment of undergraduate students, planning recruitment and yield events (e.g., 4 Open Houses, 5 Undergraduate Orientations, 1 Scholarship Reception and 1Freshmen Preview), and planning general events for Undergraduate Academic Affairs including generating written materials (e.g., warning, probation, dismissal, and Dean's List letters).
- This person also oversees the Orientation of Graduate Admissions, generates letter for graduate admissions, sets appointments, conducts general office procedures for the graduate portion of the College as well as oversees generating Graduate Assistant materials.
- In addition, this person is responsible for setting up meetings with current and new students, and working through all forms for undergraduate and graduate students, inclusive of the curriculum adjustment forms, grade change forms, application to study at another university forms, independent study forms, add/drop forms, and withdrawal forms, among others.
- This is an essential position for the entire College as a point person for students, faculty, and staff who functions with all other academic and non-academic units across campus.
- For many, this is the first person to engage with each of our prospect constituencies.This person reports to the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Student Academic Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's degree or vocational/technical school degree
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply from 03/05/2018 to 03/09/2018.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend