Job no: 493253
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Seton Hall University Libraries invites applications for our Access Services Librarian position. This is a full-time, tenure-track permanent library faculty position. We seek an enthusiastic, service-oriented individual to provide leadership and operational management for Access Services and its attendant units (Stacks, Inter-library Loan, Circulation, Course Reserves).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Public Services, the Access Services Librarian performs a variety of oversight, supervision and operational duties requiring substantial knowledge of library systems and procedures to provide access to collections, process library materials, and assist patrons in the use of library resources. This highly visible position operates in a busy environment and involves actively assisting users and monitoring multiple library functions.
- Provides strategic vision, leadership, and supervision of day-to-day activities in Access Services.
- Proposes, implements, and evaluates innovative services and enhancements for Access Services.
- Delivers excellent service and prioritizes service needs in a busy, dynamic public service environment.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks and works productively in a team environment.
- Adjusts to changing workplace needs.
- Supervises and oversees scheduling of full and part-time staff.
- Provides reference & research support to students, faculty and staff, as needed.
- Participates in the library’s instruction program.
- Contributes to scholarly communication efforts of Seton Hall University Libraries. Possible areas might include: copyright, authors’ rights, open publishing, license issues, reserve issues.
- ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information studies.
- Minimum of 1-3 years relevant experience in Access Services, such as circulation, course reserves, document delivery or inter-library loan in an academic library.
- Supervisory experience managing, motivating and leading staff.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to think strategically, set priorities, meet deadlines and complete tasks and projects on time with little supervision.
- Strong patron service skills and the commitment to serve students, faculty, and staff.
- Second master’s degree along with publishing and service are required for tenure.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current developments and trends in circulation, reserves, and inter-library loan in academic libraries.
- Academic reference desk experience.
- Teaching experience.
- Occasionally requires lifting and moving loads up to 50 pounds; must be able to push heavy library book trucks; bending, squatting, stretching, and climbing small step stools when needed to retrieve books and shelve them.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide contact information for 3 additional references.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend