Faculty Development Manager, North Outpatient - Repost
Job no: 493251
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange, Interprofessional Health Sciences
The Faculty Development (FD) Specialist will be responsible for training primarily clinical faculty members in various aspects of clinical teaching. This will occur in either the inpatient or outpatient setting, depending upon the experience of the applicant and the needs of the School of Medicine. The FD specialist will help to develop and implement clinical teaching programs, under the supervision of the Assistant Dean of Student, Resident and Faculty Development. Faculty development programs will be developed/implemented for both Phase 1 (pre-clerkship) Phase 2 (clerkship) faculty members, Phase 3 (advanced study) and will take place within the clinical setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a diverse portfolio of educational training programs for faculty/residents to support clinical teaching of medical educators
- Assess faculty needs for training, development, and providing guidance regarding programs, especially for new and junior faculty
- Develop and deliver the "Residents as Teachers" (RAT) and "faculty as Teachers" required curriculum for all residents and faculty who teach our students.
- Will train and supervise administrative staff who will be doing site visits.
- Develop faculty development programs embedded in the clinical setting that are targeted to different levels of faculty in different clinical settings
- Implement faculty development programs with oversight of all program logistics including scheduling, reserve space, arranging A/V services, ordering food and supplies and coordinating registration for programs.
- Assist in the creation of inter-professional educational (IPE) programs in the context of care delivery with nursing, APN, PA’s, PharmD, Dental and other health care related fields
- Plan and conduct site visits to ambulatory practices and/or inpatient setting for site evaluation and faculty development
- Utilize and assist in the development of technology (including web-based programming) to disseminate faculty development programs and context specific content for faculty
- Assist in the development, implementation, and analysis of assessment tools for faculty development programs
- Pursue opportunities for educational scholarship
- Master’s degree in Education or related fields
- A least three years of full time faculty development experience in a medical school or academic medical center/hospital setting
- Faculty development experience in programs that cut across medical education in UGME, GME and CME, as well as a wide range of academic medical fields
- Experience teaching in small group settings
- Experience working in an inter-professional educational (IPE) setting
- Demonstrated leadership in assessment of need and developing faculty development programs
- Evidence of strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (e.g., with students, faculty, etc.) with the ability to develop trusting mentoring relationships
- Experience with active learning pedagogies and the ability to integrate technology into learning
- Adept at small group facilitation
- Well-developed ability to provide feedback, both formative and summative, for all level of learners
- Helpful but not required: Terminal degree (PhD, EdD) in Education with focus on teaching, curriculum/faculty development
- Experience in faculty development in an ambulatory or inpatient clinical setting
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Note: These positions will require significant travel throughout the Hackensack Meridian Health network, and may involve a primary office location either at Hackensack University Medical Center or Jersey Shore University Medical Center.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
- Former applicants need not apply.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend