Job no: 493241
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Residence Coordinator (RC) is a ten month, live-in professional position in Housing and Residence Life, who reports directly to the Complex Residence Hall Director (RHD). The position works a 35 hours per week. Position may also require flex work week scheduling by advance notice from supervisor. The essential duties include supervision of student desk staff, management of programming efforts of Resident Assistants, evening availability for student engagement and support and participation in a limited on-call duty rotation which includes holidays. The RC works to create inclusive communities through programming, advising Hall Council, student conduct meetings, and one-on-one interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in supervision of 11 RA staff through regular one on one meetings, ongoing staff development and recognition, staff accountability, assisting with the opening and closing of residence halls, and conducting regular health and safety inspections of residence hall rooms. Attends weekly staff meeting as requested.
Front Desk / Customer support
- Supports front desk operations of residence hall including maintaining Lenel access systems, ensuring building security, supervision of Desk Assistants, conducts staff meetings, ensures disciplinary accountability, and updates guest pass technology. Works collaboratively with RCHO to ensure compliance with centralized desk budget structure and to plan and implement DA training. Incumbent provides residence hall office coverage through 8pm M-R to foster student engagement.
- Supports RA programming efforts in a full cycle from brainstorming & needs assessment, through logistical setup for programming, implementation and evaluation of same. RC uses technology to promote programs and hall initiatives.
Uses designated department systems to track programming offerings & attendance numbers, submits forms, tracks budget, purchases supplies using on line sources such as Amazon, attends evening RA programming, and supports and assists with all-hall programming.
Behavioral Intervention and Management
- Enforces University code of conduct meeting with students that have allegedly violated policy and/or are having difficulties adhering to policies or adjusting to college. Uses Maxient software to write incident reports and manage case load in a timely, efficient and accurate manner according to department policy. During work hours, responds to various incidents such as medical transports, alcohol incidents, mental health incidents, drug abuse, severe behavioral issues, domestic violence, etc. Participates in on-call duty rotation during holidays, maintaining reasonable availability to return to campus in the event of an emergency. RC works with campus partners regarding student conduct when needed
Collateral Assignments/Project Teams
- Participates in staff selection processes, advises hall council for building, assists the Residence Hall Association with elections, conducts regular meetings with Hall Council officers individually and as a group, supports and assists with Hall Council programming and initiatives. Participates in one department team each year.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of approximately 1 year of Residence Life Experience required.
- Employee must have license and access to vehicle for response time when on duty
- Familiarity with student development theory and experience at a faith based institution
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The Residence Coordinator (RC) is a ten month, live-in professional position in Housing and Residence Life
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend