Public Safety Officer/Courier Driver - IHSC Nutley
Job no: 493223
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Public Safety Officer/Courier's primary purpose is to transport mail and packages and people when required from the Inter-Professional Health Science Campus (I.H.S.C.) to the main campus. This is accomplished by providing a safe and reliable transportation service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide transportation of mail/materials and people when required to and from all University locations.
- The PSO Courier ensures all packages/mail are delivered within the scheduled times
- Use hand-held radios to communicate with dispatchers regarding arrival and departure of all transports
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge on the Courier's operations and utilities, such as operation of vehicles and maintenance of vehicle.
- Will work overtime as needed
- Public Safety Officer duties as assigned
- Courier must inspect the vehicle at the beginning and end of assigned shift. Responsible for checking the oil, tire pressure, lights, fuel and cleanliness of the vehicle.
Courier will submit a vehicle inspection sheet at the beginning and end of their shift.
- High School Diploma or GED and 1-3 years Public Safety, Military, or Police training or degree courses in Criminal Justice.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- CPR, AED, First Aid certification and Narcan training. Have knowledge of two-way radio system, basic computer skills and tablet devices. Be able to analyze and evaluate situations and determine appropriate action or response.
- Clearly communicate directions and instruction and understand and operate under University/Departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Valid New Jersey driver's license
- Vision and hearing abilities-often; heavy lifting, carrying-sometimes; extensive standing, walking-often; exposure to all weather conditions-often
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Position is essential services, must respond to campus for emergency situations. May also be required to work extra hours when necessary.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend