Director Major Gifts - Law School
Job no: 493221
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The Director Major Gifts is responsible for the overall management of the major gifts program, which is charged with managing relationships and securing support from donors who are capable of making gifts of $100,000+. This individual will manage a personal portfolio of 80-100 prospects, administrative staff, and administrative projects. This individual will develop and implement a plan for major gift fundraising across the country. The Major Gifts Director will work closely with the Assistant Dean for Alumni & Development, the Dean of the Law School, and faculty and staff, both within the Law School and around the University, to promote the acquisition of major gifts. This individual will also work closely with the Alumni and Development Office at Seton Hall University to ensure coordination among individual giving programs. This director must be able to work independently while also working as a member of the University advancement team. This individual will work in conjunction with the Seton Hall Law Board of Visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Frontline fundraising: this position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to insure proper identification, qualification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts from $25,000 and up.
- The Director Major Gifts will: identify and cultivate a prospect pool of alumni donors; plan and execute solicitation strategies leading to major gifts; travel extensively throughout the region to pursue these strategies and build enduring relationships, completing 15 to 18 visits per month; and, articulate Seton Hall Law School’s priorities, values, and ambitions through excellent informal and formal communications, including written proposals. The successful candidate will have: a track record of success in securing major gifts and meeting fundraising goals; exemplary interpersonal and communication skills; a proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team; a passion for higher education and, an appreciation for and willingness to work with diverse audiences and communities.
- Collaborate with and provide proactive support to individual giving officers in the central Office of Development, serving as a knowledgeable resource in support of potential School/unit prospect and donor development. Develop and implement cultivation strategies and methods for individual prospects, including identification of appropriate solicitation timetable, ask amount, gift vehicles, and giving opportunities for each. Work in close collaboration with fundraisers to provide opportunities for donor engagement and to achieve fundraising goals.
- Craft content for use in School/unit fundraising and alumni engagement activities, including correspondence, proposals, briefings, and indentures. Participate in the development of strategy and School/unit-related content for development publications and events.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 to 5 years experience in Higher Education.
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Major gift solicitation for institution of higher education
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Regularly travel to meet alumni throughout tri-state area and at least a few trips per year nationally.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend