Assistant Director of Reunion & Annual Giving I - Law School
Job no: 493220
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Develop and implement strategies to ensure proper cultivation and stewardship of prospects celebrating reunions, in support of reunion class gift program and oversee staff responsible for implementing graduation gift program. Work closely with Director of Development and Development Operations to manage all aspects of the annual giving program including phonathon, direct mail, and e-solicitation. Write articles for alumni magazine, electronic newsletter and other alumni communication vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of over 1,000 prospects at gift levels up to $25,000, from graduating and reunion classes, which includes cultivation, solicitation and stewardship and at least 108 alumni office visits annually. The Assistant Director will cultivate, solicit and steward special gift level ($5,000 - $25,000) prospects and as well as annual level gift prospects ($1,000 - $5,000). Management of stewardship and pledge reminder process for annual level gifts on quarterly basis. The Assistant Director will provide a higher level of stewardship of special level gift donors. Specifically, manage seven reunion committees annually including identification and recruitment of members, throughout cultivation and solicitation processes as well as outreach projects and follow up. Manage the 50th reunion class in conjunction with Law School graduation. Prospect identification and research. Responsible for event briefings and donor research.
Utilize advanced communication education and background in working on articles for annual alumni magazine, quarterly e-news publications, and other alumni communication vehicles. Assist in writing and generating annual gift communication materials, including appeal letters, emails and Web site.
- Assist in planning and execution of office events as needed and requested by Director of Development and Development Operations. Represent Seton Hall Law and Alumni and Development Office team at events sponsored by SHLS, SHU and the external legal community. Serve as leader and ex-officio member of Alumni Council€™s Reunion committee.
- Solicitation and stewardship of other donors, as assigned by Director of Development and Development Operations via general Annual Gift solicitations, including mail, phone and email to help reach Fund for Seton Hall Law goal. Assist with management and implementation of new automated phonathon program.
- Assume strategic responsibility for reunion and volunteer programs to ensure that class coverage is sufficient for peer-to peer solicitation and volunteers are trained in fundraising strategies. Serve in a management capacity supervising staff responsible for management of student graduation gift program.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 to 5 years of Higher Education experience.
- Master's Degree, preferably in field English, Communication, MPA, MBA, Law
- Proven fundraising experience, including successful personal gift solicitation.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- At least 40% of job is outside office environment. This position requires traveling to meet with and cultivate donors in the NY & NJ areas, primarily. Occasional travel outside of a 75-mile range.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend