Security Manager - IHSC Nutley
Job no: 493216
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Security Manager in the Department of Public Safety supports a departmental mission to protect life and property through the administrative supervision of staff, enforcement of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and local, state and federal laws. He/she is responsible for the first line supervision of Dispatchers and Contract Security Officers working on campus. Security Manager is also responsible for monitoring complex burglar, fire suppression, and fire alarm systems to ensure proper response by emergency personnel. Personally responds to all incidents of consequence, gives guidance and training to subordinates and provides administration with critical information affecting operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Fire and Safety:
- Must have an intimate knowledge of all alarm and suppression systems
- Responds to all fire alarms and takes command at the scene to ensure the safe evacuation of the building until the arrival of emergency units
- Responds to all alarm trouble signals to ensure operation of equipment and viability of systems, including smoke detector and sprinkler systems
- Responds to all calls regarding medical emergencies
- Notifies Facility Manager and Assistant Director of any issues with alarm and safety systems
- Monitors the Lenel System to ensure that the building is opened / secured as per building schedules
- Adjusts the assignment of personnel in the face of changing security environments
- Patrols and inspects Interprofessional Health Science Campus (IHSC) property
- Responsible for daily inspections of Automated External Defibrillators (AED) and Narcan, document inspections.
- Supervises employees during CPR, AED, Narcan and First Aid incidents.
- Administers or assists in the administration of CPR, AED, Narcan and First Aid when necessary.
- Identifies PNG’s (Persona non Grata) trespassing on IHSC, and verifies their status
- Escorts visiting dignitaries and other VIP’s during special events.
- Monitors the control of parking on IHSC property, identifies violators of parking regulations and controls enforcement through ticketing, booting, and towing.
- Personally responds to incidents of consequence and ensures that they are handled and documented appropriately.
- Passes information to relieving staff.
- Assists and relieves the Security Dispatcher when needed.
- Issues student temp I.D.’s when provided by Card Services.
- Issues contractor temp I.D.’s.
- Ensures that Guest Passes are properly registered.
- Monitors the IHSC courier
- Conducts daily roll calls and briefing, reviews assignments with staff and supervises issuance and inspection of equipment.
- Reviews reports generated by Public Safety and contract security personnel and ensures that personnel respond to incidents in an appropriate manner.
- Monitors subordinate performance for compliance with policy and procedure. Directs personnel response to incidents of significance and ensures appropriate timely notification to administration and law enforcement when necessary.
- Monitors and reviews Public Safety and contract security officers statistical data on job performance.
- Reviews and approves all reports submitted on a daily basis.
- Inspects all reports for correctness, completeness, accuracy, and legibility---undertakes corrective action(s) for same.
- Ensures that all reports are submitted through the proper chain of command.
- Enters reports into an electronic database and provides administration with daily briefing reports relative to activity on shift.
- Enters work orders.
- Produces and submits daily shift reports
- Bachelor's degree and/or over 8 years experience in Law Enforcement, Military or Corporate Security at Senior Administrative or Supervisory level.
- Must have expertise in fire and intrusion systems, thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, procedures and techniques used in Law Enforcement or Public Safety.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, multitask and prioritize. Must be able to write a clear and concise report.
- Knowledge of managerial techniques and administrative practices.
Licenses and Certificates:
- New Jersey driver's license. CPR, AED, First Aid and Narcan certification.
- Extensive standing and walking-sometimes; exposure to all weather conditions-sometimes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Shift - 4PM-12AM Monday-Friday
- Note this position is essential services and must respond to campus for emergency situations as well as be available during special events.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend