Assessment Information Systems Manager
Job no: 493209
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Manager is responsible for overall facilitation of the management and use of the SOM’s Curriculum Database, and Educational Outcomes Database. The Curriculum Database, housed in Medtrics, will monitor and track student progress through the curriculum, identify students at risk of academic difficulty, and report data to students, faculty, advisors, and administration. The Manager will work with faculty and staff to input curriculum maps and assessment results into the Curriculum Database, provide training, and develop reports and dashboards.
The Manager will also facilitate development of an integrated longitudinal Educational Outcomes Database which will compile data elements from a wide variety of data sources into a single relational database. The Manager will be the primary liaison with IT staff from both Seton Hall University (SHU) and Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) to identify, define, and structure data elements for the database. The Manager will work closely with all team members to curate data and maintain the connections between the data warehouse and the reporting structure. The Manager will conduct analyses with the Student Database, produce reports for faculty, staff, and administrators, develop a data catalog, and provide training as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and interpreting organizational goals, policies, and procedures for database development and data use at the SOM.
- Managing and maintaining the SOM’s Curriculum Database in Medtrics, and providing Curriculum Management reports to faculty and administrators.
- Working closely with SHU and HMH IT and data analytics teams, as well as users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements, and define data sources, fields, and feeds/reports for the SOM longitudinal Educational Outcomes Database.
- Working with IT and project team members to acquire/develop and support the SOM longitudinal Educational Outcomes Database.
- Preparing and reviewing operational reports or project progress reports.
- Supporting faculty and administrators in building tools within Qualtrics and other such products, and setting up and maintaining connections between these products and other data tools and programs.
- Managing user security and user help systems for SOM databases, data tools and programs.
- Supporting Institutional Quality Improvement (IQI) activities at the SOM.
- Extracting data and writing reports in support of LCME accreditation activities.
- Liaising with other SHU, HMH, SOM, and other collaborators who maintain apps, databases, and/or data that will be needed for SOM program and student evaluation, and the SOM longitudinal Educational Outcomes Database.
- Evaluating the SOM’s technology use and needs and recommending improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Staying abreast of advances in technology.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Data Science, Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of experience related to database design and development, experience in relevant area(s) including data collection, analysis, interpretation and/or medical school program evaluation.
- Experience in using technology for collection, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and team skills.
- Master’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science or Information Technology/Systems.
- Experience in dashboard development and/or data visualization.
- Report writing and presentation for varied audiences.
- Familiarity with learning management and student assessment systems.
- Experience in a medical school or higher education environment.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend