The Specialist is responsible for managing the process and timeline of assessment development, implementation, and evaluation of student competency-based assessments to support the mission and goals of the SOM. The successful candidate will provide ongoing support to faculty members in developing direct and indirect assessments of student learning outcomes, competencies, and Entrustable Professional Activities (EPAs). The Specialist will work with SOM faculty and staff to examine the reliability and validity of assessment tools, and make recommendations for revisions and enhancements as needed.
In addition, the Specialist will provide training to faculty, staff, and administrators on best practices in assessment development and implementation, analysis of assessment results, and reporting of results to internal and external stakeholders.
The Specialist will assist in the development of the SOM’s Curriculum Database, to be developed in conjunction with the Offices of Medical Education and Student Affairs and Well-being. This database will monitor and track student progress through the curriculum, identify students at risk of academic difficulty, and provide data to students, faculty, advisors, and administration. In the development of this database, the Specialist will work with the SOM’s Database Manager to ensure reliable data collection and entry of assessment data, and participate in assessment quality assurance processes. The Specialist will also be involved in the development of assessment dashboards to provide real-time formative feedback to students and faculty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Overseeing the coordination, implementation and evaluation of competency-based assessments throughout the curriculum.
Working with faculty to develop, monitor, and evaluate assessment methods and tools.
Providing ongoing support and training for assessment activities.
Implementing established criteria/assessment tools and matrices for tracking student progress, identifying students at risk, and working with students, advisors, faculty, and administrators to implement and monitor programs to support student success.
Analyzing assessment results, and reporting results to internal and external stakeholders.
Assisting in the development of assessment dashboards.
Supporting Institutional Quality Improvement (IQI) activities at the SOM.
Working with, and supporting, faculty in scholarship including educational research.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Educational Psychology, Educational Research or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in relevant area(s) including assessment design and development.
- Use of technology for collection, analysis, and reporting of assessment data.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and team skills.
- Knowledge of research design, quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Doctoral degree, preferably in Educational Psychology or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in psychometrics and analysis of assessment results.
- Report writing and presentation for varied audiences.
- Experience providing training or professional development.
- Familiarity with learning management and student assessment systems.
- Experience in a health professions school or higher education environment.
- Knowledge of standard setting methods.
- Experience with dashboards and/or data visualization.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.