Clinical Skills Coordinator
Job no: 493205
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Clinical Skills Coordinator will oversee the daily operations of the Clinical Skills program throughout all phases of the curriculum.
The Clinical Skills Coordinator will provide administrative support to Course and Clerkship Directors and faculty members as they develop and implement curricula that includes classroom, simulation, and clinical-setting based educational experiences. The Coordinator will also assist in the implementation of OSCEs (Objective Structured Clinical Examinations), which will occur at least 4 times throughout the 3-year core curriculum. These assessments will utilize standardized patients as well as high fidelity and task-based simulation, and will take place in our state-of-the-art simulation/SP center.
The Clinical Skills Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the facilities and activities related to the clinical skills curriculum. In addition the Coordinator will be responsible for coordinate specific trainings and schedule pertaining to the undergraduate medical education. The Coordinator will report to the Director of the Office of Medical Education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the development, implementation, monitoring, and enhancement of all operational elements of the clinical skills curriculum.
- Coordinates daily activities for clinical skills-related curricular elements, including simulation and small group learning activities as well as teaching sessions in the clinical settings.
- Provides support to staff and faculty in preparing equipment and supplies to create a quality learning environment.
- Assists in ensuring implementation, adherence, monitoring, and continuous improvement of all policies and procedures related to the curriculum, including those regarding safety and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication, administration, organizational, and skills.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and planning, team-building, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with database management and creating report.
- Experience in a clinical skills curriculum or working within a clinical skills center.
- Demonstrated flexibility in establishing new programs from the ground up or other endeavor requiring adaptability.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend