Director of Financial Services, Seton Hall Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
Job no: 493198
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The director of financial Services is responsible for development and leadership of the 1) financial counseling and education services for medical students, 2) financial aid services (processing, documentation and reporting), and 3) scholarship and resource identification and processes for the SOM including, development general oversight, staffing, daily operations, assessment and planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial Services Counseling and Education: The director in consultation with the deans' for admissions, Diversity and Equity, and Student Affiars, and Wellbeing is responsible for all financial services for SOM students. This includes identifying and providing appropriate educational and resource materials, providing group informational sessions and individual counseling to medical students about financial services and debt management.
- Financial Aid processing, administration, including: the processing, documentation and reporting required for financial aid services to medical students.
- Scholarship and resource identification and management. The director under direction of the dean's cabinet and in collaboration will develop and implement the SOM scholarship programs and assist in identifying and providing support and education around additional sources of financial support and debt relief.
- Department operations and oversight of the Financial Services for the SOM including, staffing, staff reviews, departmental budget, policies and procedures, assessment and improvement activities
- Student Affairs, Admissions, and other SHU Financial Aid other duties as assigned;
- 1-3 years Financial Services at the graduate level; Bachelors degree required
- Experience in an Liaison Committee for Medical Education accredited medical school highly desired
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend