Manager, Employee and Labor Relations
Job no: 493193
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Manager, Employee and Labor Relations, provides leadership and oversight for a broad range of employee and labor relations functions. He or she provides front-line communication between labor and management, works to resolve disputes, interprets labor agreements, and administers institutional policies. The Manager will also provide employee relations counseling on work-related matters, investigate workplace conflicts, and handle complaints of discrimination. In addition, the Manager implements and administers policies and procedures related to Worker’s Compensation, unemployment, and the federal and state requirements of FMLA and ADA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and support to managers in managing labor and employee relations, including performance management, progressive discipline, and labor grievances. Contributes to labor strategy and labor contract negotiations. Mediates conflicts, manages complaints, and supports constructive resolutions. Manages and implements the provisions of the labor contracts.
- Serves as principal HR investigator in complaints of discrimination. Works in cooperation with the EEO Compliance Officer in implementing investigation policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to departments with regard to terminations and layoffs, and conducts exit interviews.
- Collaborates with other functional areas to identify and facilitate employee development opportunities in the organization.
- Implements and administers policies and procedures related to Worker’s Compensation, unemployment, and the federal and state requirements of FMLA and ADA. Works with managers and/or Legal Counsel to evaluate circumstances surrounding employee separations.
- Conducts research and produces reports in support of the Human Resources functional areas, including employee and labor relations.
- Completes special HR projects and performs other related duties, as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least five years of successful experience in HR, including significant experience in employee relations and labor relations, required. Labor relations experience in a private sector union environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication, computer, and analytical skills are required.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline preferred.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend