Job no: 493192
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The position of Mail/Package Clerk (MPC) is responsible for assuming the duties of various mailroom staff members wherever the need arises. The MPC will be trained to substitute for every current mail clerk should there be an absence or a particularly excessive work load for a certain clerk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scanning bar codes, sending notification emails, organizing student packages and obtaining signatures as students retrieve packages from the student mailroom.
- Delivering mail and packages to departments, on and off campus. Obtaining signatures for packages, retrieving outgoing mail/packages and transporting back to mailroom for processing.
- Sorting mail, confirming correct mailbox numbers and distributing student mail into mailboxes.
- Filling in for absent mail clerks by completing the responsibilities of the particular clerk.
- Processing mail through postal meter machine, obtaining payment from customers for postage and answering phones.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of mailroom experience preferred.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Driver's License required
- Lifting and carrying heaving packages. Walking across campus pushing a cart filled with heavy packages.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply between 12/19/2017 to 12/25/2017.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend